Thursday 30 January 2014

Not so Green Smoothie - Blueberry Lemon

I've tried my first green smoothie a few years ago and loved it. With my new health goals in mind, I'm back to making these delicious healthy drinks again and I want to share with you my recipe for today's green smoothie.

I've found that my stomach doesn't really like green smoothies that have sat for too long in the fridge so I'm doing my best to make them single serve (although a very large single serve!) but feel free to adapt my recipe to make more or less smoothie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blueberry Lemon Green Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 large smoothie 


Ingredients
  • 1/2  banana 
  • 1/2 cup of baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup of kale 
  • 1/2 peeled organic lemon
  • small amount of the lemon peel
  • A few florets of broccoli
  • 1/2 cup blueberries 
  • 3 - 4 ice cubes
  • water (or unsweetened almond milk) 
  • 1 tbsp hemp hearts



Note: I usually try to use some frozen fruit to keep my smoothies icy cold. In this smoothie, I used frozen blueberries but I will often use a frozen banana if I have fresh fruits to use. 

Instructions 
1. Place the banana, spinach, kale, broccoli, lemon and peel, blueberries, ice and a small amount of water (or almond milk) into your blender. I prefer using just water but almond milk will make your smoothie creamier. 
2. Blend until smooth - don't be alarmed that it is not green. Your smoothie should turn a dark purple from the blueberries. 
3. You may need to add extra water to thin out the smoothie. If you do, blend again. 
4. Pour into a tall glass and top with hemp hearts - I usually mix these in with my straw.
5. Enjoy!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte xo

No comments:

Post a Comment